Today I found this unprocessed gem of a photograph in my old files. It’s from a trip Mrs. Myrmecos and I took to Panama in 2007. After dusting it off, I’ve posted it here.
1. To what family does our mystery insect belong? (3 points)
2. To what genus does it belong? (3 points)
3. This insect mimics an ant. Name the model species (4 points)
Points will be awarded only for the first correct answers, and the cumulative points winner for the month of February will win their choice of:
1) A guest post here on Myrmecos
2) Any 8×10 print from my insect photography galleries
3) A myrmecos t-shirt