Tonight’s challenge is a straight-up identification.
The above image depicts part of an insect under high magnification.
1. To what order does this insect belong? (3 points)
2. To what family does this insect belong? (3 points)
3. What part of the insect is shown in the foreground?(4 points)
To earn points, be the first person to correctly answer each question. The cumulative points winner for the month of February will win their choice of:
1) A guest post here on Myrmecos
2) Any 8×10 print from my insect photography galleries
3) A myrmecos t-shirt