The answers to Monday’s Identify-Thomas-Say’s-Species challenge are as follows:
Five of the 12 mystery species were described by the pioneering entomologist. They were:
3. Cycloneda munda – 2 points to Isa Solange
6. Solenopsis molesta – 2 points to Chris Murrow
7. Anopheles punctipennis – 2 points to Jay Smith
8. Leptinotarsa decemlineata – 2 points to Isa Solange
10. Climaciella brunnea – 2 points to Jay Smith
These answers tie Isa Solange and Jay Smith at four points for the week.
Additionally, I am awarding two points to Viktor Nilsson-Örtman for citing each original reference for all the Say and most of the non-Say species, and one point to James Trager for identifying the Carpenter ant species.
This brings us to the end of January. Our winner for the month, with seven points garnered across two weeks, is Brendon Boudinot. Congrats, Boud! Contact me for your loot.