Sorry the mystery was delayed a couple hours. Tonight’s challenge is a series of questions about the following figure:
- Which one of these is an army ant? (2 points)
- Of the others, which is most closely related to the army ant? (2 points)
- Which two of these ants are currently classified in the same subfamily? (2 points)
- Which one of these ants was collected in Asia? (2 points)
- According to the molecular phylogenies of Moreau and Brady, which of these ants is least related to the others? (2 points)
To earn points, be the first person to correctly answer each question. The cumulative points winner across all mysteries for the month of June will win their choice of 1) any 8×10-sized print from my insect photography galleries, or 2) a guest post here on Myrmecos.