I’m up for a busy day doing Scanning Electron Microscopy of some braconid wasps, so instead of enlightening you with my own witty repartée I’ll direct you to the following:
- Catalogue of Organisms brings on The Most Unbelievable Organisms Evah!
- The New York Times has kicked into full Darwin mode. Read them all, but particularly Carl Zimmer’s piece on the difficulty of visualizing the Tree of Life. It’s a problem I’ll be grappling with shortly as we start to put together the Beetle Tree.
- Roberto Keller has some great SEMs of the stridulatory organ, the little thing that makes ants squeak.
- Microecos explains the science behind the climatology of the giant snake.
- Antweb has an amazing Strumigenys.